Welcome to GTU Platform!
GTU TaxUpdate® is a platform owned by GTU Legal Research Company, S,A,, a company with registered address at R. Guilherme Salgado, n.º 37 – Bloco 4.3 5.º A, Cascais – Portugal, with taxpayer and company number 514797878 (hereinafter referred to as “GTU”, “we” or “us”).
When you use the GTU website/platform, you will share some information with us. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
At GTU, we understand the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This Policy describes the types of information GTU may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website/platform and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect:
You acknowledge that it is part of our Terms and Conditions of Use
- From visitors to our website – www.globaltaxupdate.com.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and GTU, including, for example, when you register or subscribe to certain plans or services, create a profile, or use an interactive feature.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and GTU.
, and by clicking “I agree” to those Terms and Conditions you agree to be bound and abide by it. If you do not agree, you must not access the website or use any of the content found on it.
When you subscribe to and use GTU plans or products, we will receive information about you. How much and what kind of information depends on how you use the website.
Non-Personal Information and Aggregated Information.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
This information does not by itself identify a specific individual. As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and typically aggregated with other data to help us improve our website. It also helps us deliver a better and more customized service by enabling us to store information about your preferences, and to recognize you when you return to our website.
Personally identifiable information - your “Personal Data”- tells us specifics about who you are, such as your name, your email address, your postal address, and your telephone number. When you register or subscribe to a plan through our website, we will ask for certain information about you such as your first and last name.
We collect Personal Data directly from you when you provide it to us, such as:
In any of the abovementioned cases, GTU assumes that the Personal Data were submitted by the respective data subject or that its submission was authorized by the same. GTU further assumes that the data is real, accurate and up-to-date.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our plans or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You will also be required to provide financial information, such as credit card information and other billing information. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction.
- Your search queries on the website.
GTU uses information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data to:
2. PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We also use this information to customize certain features of the website to provide you with an enhanced experience based on the type of device you are using to access the website, and in certain cases, to provide you with requested content.
- present our website and its contents to you.
- provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
In the context of the purposes aforesaid, GTU may disclose Users’ personal data:
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
In any of the situations above, GTU takes all applicable measures to protect its Users’ personal data.
- To Data Processors to process the data under GTU’s instructions and on its behalf (including application developers and maintenance service providers, IT providers, marketing and communication agencies, and GTU partners) in which case GTU assures that such data processors provide sufficient guarantees regarding the implementation of appropriate technical and organisational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of the applicable law and ensure the protection of the rights of the Data Subjects;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To third parties and entities when GTU considers necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- With third parties in case of any given restructuring of the company (GTU Legal Research Company, S.A.), merger, sales, joint venture, transfer or any acquisition of the totality or part of its business, assets or stock (including under the scope of a liquidation or any similar procedures).
GTU respects, at all times, your rights foreseen in the applicable data protection law. Indeed, you have the right to access your personal data, as well as to its rectification, erasure, opposition or limited processing and portability, by logging into the website or through written request addressed to email@example.com.
Users may also withdraw the consent to process their data at any time. However, this does not affect any processing carried out until such date based on any consent previously provided.
4. USERS’ RIGHTS
While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong GTU user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you will be able to do so in the website. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers.
Our Site is not intended for children under 12 years of age and is not targeted toward children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 12.
The Personal Data processed by GTU shall only be stored for the necessary period for the purposes aforesaid. After this period, such data shall be permanently erased.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
GTU shall retain its Users’ Personal Data for as long as the user’s account is active in order for the services to be provided, or for as long as we need your Personal Data to fulfill the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless otherwise required by law.
We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. DATA RETENTION
Whenever there is no specific legal requirement, the data will be stored and kept only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or further processing, or, if and when applicable, for the period determined by the competent data protection authorities, after which it will be deleted.
GTU is committed to ensuring the safety of your personal data, since its collection and until its deletion or anonymization.
7. DATA SECURITY
As such, GTU has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to such risk.
However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we make efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial proceedings, as Data Subject, under the law, you are entitled to file a complaint before a Data Protection Authority or any other relevant authority, in case you consider that the processing of your personal data violates the legal framework in force.
Should you have any doubts or questions concerning the way GTU processes your personal data, please send a clarification request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Last updated on: May 2019